Chop, WOK & Talk!
The only totally ‘hands-on’ Ethnic Cooking School in the area!
Chop, WOK & Talk!
Private Party Plans
Schedule of Classes
Menus for Classes
Corporate Team Building Sessions
Cuisine of Southeast Asia
Specializing in Chinese!
Read the articles about Chop, WOK & Talk!:
FOOD COLLAGE Blog
BLOOMFIELD-GARFIELD BULLETIN / Page 16
About Chop, WOK & Talk!
Chop, WOK, & Talk! started a eleven ago as the only Southeast Asian Cooking School in the Pittsburgh area! Since then, due to its success and popular demand, the class offerings have mushroomed into a variety of ethnic cooking classes. Owner and instructor Dorothy Tague has taught and taken cooking lessons for years. Her classes are easy to follow, hands-on and fast-paced. Dorothy and her co-workers Martha and Marianne give individual attention to all students according to his or her cooking skills. In the same lesson, a well-seasoned cooking student will feel challenged, and a novice cook will feel well looked after. Ask any of her students!
‘Culinary Studies’ in Thailand, 2011
We studied at the Thai House, Bussaracum Carving School and the Chiang Mai Cookery School. Besides learning new recipes and techniques we had time to see the sights ... our favorites were the Tiger Park and the markets!
‘Culinary Studies’ in France, 2013
We stayed at Moulin Bretonage in the Loire Valley know as the ‘Garden of France’. At the Inn we worked with 5 chefs preparing lunches and dinners. Off-site we had the opportunity to work with pasty chefs at a patisserie, a bread-maker at his boulangerie and with the owner/chef at his up-scale French restaurant. We toured mushroom caves, salt flats, asparagus & saffron fields, a winery, cheese/goat farm, snail farm and a foie gras farm. It was a wonderful experience with wonderful recipes that will be taught.
ONE SESSION CLASSES
(MOST CLASSES ARE 3 HOURS LONG)
Chinese Dinner (different menu each month)...$65.00
Chinese New Year Celebration $75.00
Creole-Cajun Dinner $65.00
Date Night Dining (seasonal menus each month)…$140 a couple/BYOB
Dim Sum (Asian Appetizers)…$65.00
French Dinner…$80.00 (includes appropriate wines with each course)
French Baking Class…$75.00/4 hours including lunch/lite dinner
Paleo Baking/Dessert Class $50.00
Healthy Foods for Life-Asian $40.00
Healthy Foods for Life-Comfort Food $40.00
Healthy Foods for Life-Mexican $40.00
Let’s Bake with Martha! (lunch included) $70.00
Tapas & Paella…$70.00
Thai Dinner (different menu each month)…$65.00
Valentine Dinner (couples) $140.00
Vegetarian, Lactose Intolerant, & Glucose Free classes can be arranged for a private party of 6-10 people…$65.00
CHOP, WOK & TALK! ALSO OFFERS:
· Corporate Teambuilding: specially scheduled ‘hands-on’ cooking classes where colleagues gather for fun, food, and camaraderie. (Luncheon/Dinner)
· Private Parties at the School: a cooking experience for friends, relatives/co-workers where your group selects the menu and participates in the cooking of the meal. BYOB
· Children’s Birthday Parties: a cooking party consisting of 3 items of your choice for participants 8 years and up. One adult must be present.
· Gift Certificates: give to ‘foodie’ friends for that special occasion, a thank you, a gift, or a special ‘treat’ for yourself!
Martha Dorothy Marianne
· Trained with Anna Kao (owner of Anna Kao's Chinese Restaurant in Fox Chapel) for many years.
· Dorothy and Martha both studied cooking in Thailand (see above)
· Dorothy studied cooking in France with 9 chefs (see above)
· Attended the Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts, Pgh. PA
· Studied Mediterranean and Tuscan cooking at ICE (Institute of Culinary Education) in NYC.
· Both Dorothy and Martha are Nationally Certified in Sanitation & Food Service Management.
· Teaches cooking classes for the Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC).
· Teaches adult education cooking classes in the Penn Trafford School District.
· Teaches cooking classes in conjunction with Xperience Days, a national gift certificate company.
CLASSES ARE HELD IN THE BLOOMFIELD/FRIENDSHIP AREA OF PITTSBURGH
5404 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15206