Chop, WOK & Talk!
The only totally ‘hands-on’ Ethnic Cooking School in the area!
Chop, WOK & Talk!
Private Party Plans
Schedule of Classes
Menus for Classes
Corporate Team Building Sessions
Cuisine of Southeast Asia
Specializing in Chinese!
Read the articles about Chop, WOK & Talk!:
BLOOMFIELD-GARFIELD BULLETIN / Page 16
About Chop, WOK & Talk!
Chop, WOK, & Talk! started a decade ago as the only Southeast Asian Cooking School in the Pittsburgh area! Since then, due to its success and popular demand, the class offerings have mushroomed into a variety of ethnic cooking classes. Owner and instructor Dorothy Tague has taught and taken cooking lessons for years. Her classes are easy to follow, hands-on and fast-paced. Dorothy and her co-workers Martha and Marianne give individual attention to all students according to his or her cooking skills. In the same lesson, a well-seasoned cooking student will feel challenged, and a novice cook will feel well looked after. Ask any of her students!
The pictures below are from our 2011
‘Culinary Trip’ to Thailand
We studied at the Thai House, Bussaracum Carving School and the Chiang Mai Cookery School. Besides learning new recipes and techniques we had time to see the sights ... our favorites were the Tiger Park and the markets!
ONE SESSION CLASSES
Chinese Dinner (different menu each month)...$60.00
Chinese New Year Party…$70.00
Date Night Dining (different menu each month)…$130 a couple
Easter in Italy Dinner…$75.00
Pierogies & Other Polish Favorites…$65.00
Tapas & Paella…$70.00
Thai Dinner (different menu each month)…$60.00
Valentine Day Dinner for Two…$140.00
Vegetarian, Lactose Intolerant, & Glucose Free classes can be arranged for your party of 6-10 people…$60.00
CHOP, WOK & TALK! ALSO OFFERS:
· Corporate Teambuilding: specially scheduled ‘hands-on’ cooking classes where colleagues gather for fun, food, and camaraderie. (Luncheon/Dinner)
· Private Parties at the School: a cooking experience for friends/relatives/co-workers where your group selects the menu and participates in the cooking of the meal. BYOB
· Children’s Birthday Parties: a cooking party consisting of 3 items of your choice for participants 8 years and up. One adult must be present.
· Gift Certificates: give to ‘foodie’ friends for that special occasion, a thank you, a gift, or a special ‘treat’ for yourself!
Martha Dorothy Marianne
· Trained with Anna Kao (owner of Anna Kao's Chinese Restaurant in Fox Chapel) for many years.
· Dorothy and Martha both studied cooking in Thailand (see above)
· Attended the Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts.
· Studied Mediterranean and Tuscan cooking at ICE (Institute of Culinary Education) in NYC.
· Both Dorothy and Martha are Nationally Certified in Sanitation & Food Service Management.
· Teaches cooking classes for the Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC).
· Teaches adult education cooking classes in the Penn Trafford School District.
· Teaches cooking classes in conjunction with Xperience Days, a national gift certificate company.
CLASSES ARE HELD IN THE BLOOMFIELD/FRIENDSHIP AREA OF PITTSBURGH
5404 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15206